Name of property:
Council of Ministers
Detached two-storey cube-shaped structure in inner court of the fort. Three parallel hipped roofs replaced (in the 1950’s) by one hipped roof with a flat section in the middle. All façades equipped with a heavy cornice with dentils. Front façade laid out in five axes with sash windows. Small balcony on first floor. Pilasters on both sides of central door section and on corners.
Architectural historical and cultural historical value as part of Fort Amsterdam, one of the oldest structures on the island. Ditto, as the seat of government from way back. Specific value as part of a protected monumental townscape.