Name of property:
Detached three-storey structure on east side of inner court built in 1766-1769. Gable roof with dormers enclosed by gables with semicircular top end. In middle of roof a tower with octagonal base covered with a domed roof with weather vane. Façade features tall arched windows and central stairs with landing and two symmetrical flights to first floor. Interior with four massive columns supporting a vault structure. 18th Century pulpit and governor’s seat.
Architectural historical and cultural historical value as part of Fort Amsterdam, one of the oldest structures on the island. Ditto, as the seat of government from way back. Specific value as part of a protected monumental townscape.
18th,19th, 20th century