In 1876, schoolteacher Ursula Schalk had a two-story house built on the site where annex buildings had previously stood. These annexes were originally part of the property located next door to the right. Ursula acquired the whole estate in 1873 from shoemaker Emile Joubert. She owned the house until her passing in 1916. After her death, the property changed ownership multiple times.
In 1999, the premises were purchased and integrated into the Kura Hulanda project. The corner building was restored and converted into a restaurant.
Name of property:
Detached two-storey structure with ridge parallel to street. Hipped roof with finials. Rear and side additions. Profiled cornice on front and side façades, otherwise plain cornice. Façades: shutter windows with mouldings above and below the window frames, panelled door with side lights. Front wall of garden with gate and clamped door.
Architectural historical value because of a.o. such elements as the cornice and the window mouldings. Specific value as part of a protected monumental townscape and because of the structure’s prominence in the townscape.
Not listed in register of Monuments