Name of property:
Voormalig leprozengesticht te Zaquitó
Former leper asylum (1883-1966) consisting of main building, two opposing pavilions for the sick, two outbuildings, a chapel and a cemetery. The layout of the main building was almost symmetrical consisting of a central rectangular block with hipped roof between two rectangular transverse wings with gabled roofs. The main building and the two opposing pavilions border a courtyard. The elongated pavilions have a core with hipped roof and an open gallery with lean-to-roof facing the courtyard. On the south side of the courtyard a chapel (1936) with a cruciform floor plan. The cemetery is situated near western wall of Zaquitó.
Architectural and cultural-historical value due to the traditional and symmetrical layout of the main building and the pavilions with a core and open galleries; historical and ethnographical value as a former leper asylum.
XIXd en XXA