Name of property:
Fort aan de Sint Michielsbaai
Fortifications facing the entrance of Sint Michielsbaai. Arrow-shaped design with a platform with shooting gallery closed at rear side. Square tower in the middle with a powder room and food storage space and staircase to upper platform. Only lower battery and part of tower completed. Opposite the main battery is a small additional battery composed of a plain shooting gallery behind arrow-shaped curtain walls.
Architectural historical and cultural historical value as a rare piece of fortress design. Historical value for the military history of Curaçao, because of its prominent position on Sint Michielsbaai and the use as a signal tower during the second English occupation from 1807-1816. Specific value as part of the forts with a typical situation on the outer bays of the island with the original design identical to the design of Fort on Piscaderabaai.