Name of property:
Large detached structure with 18th century origin. Drastically renovated in the 1930’s. Three-storey main structure with two two-storey rear wings enclosing a half- covered inner court. Additional one-storey structure on western boundary of premises. Main structure with core and surrounding gallery, and projecting tower with pyramidal roof on northwest corner. Terrace over front gallery topped with parapet of cast balusters. Front façade laid out in five axes with wooden front balcony supported by columns and two staircases to front garden. Gate pillars marked with text ‘La Maria’ and ‘n.58’.
Architectural historical value because of a.o. the characteristic decorative details and the authentic interior dating from the thirties. Architectural historical and cultural historical value because of a.o. the floor plan with core and galleries typical of Curaçao. Specific value as part of a protected monumental townscape.
Between 1729-1745 (renovated in 1930)